When you can find me
Do you want to contact me by mail?
Write me for a free consultation!Contact me
Enjoy this enchanting guided tour of Sicily and discover its many breathtaking sites. You will stay in charming hotels located in the historical centers of the main Sicilian towns. Enjoy Sicily's cuisine in local restaurants and taste typical products in one of the most enchanting squares in Ragusa Ibla.
Visit of UNESCO sites: Ragusa, Siracusa, Valley of Temples, Villa Romana del Casale, Caltagirone, Mt. Etna
This tour is exclusively in English.
ITINERARY DAY BY DAY
DAY 1 – SATURDAY: CATANIA
Independent arrival at hotel Il Principe in Catania. Accommodation. Welcome cocktail and dinner. Overnight in your hotel.
DAY 2 – SUNDAY: CATANIA – SIRACUSA – RAGUSA with Sicilian typical products tasting
After a buffet breakfast, depart to Syracuse and visit the archaeological area including the famous Latomie of the Paradise and the Dyionisios “Ear”. Continue to the island of Ortigia, the small baroque old city centre of Siracusa: visit of the Cathedral and the Arethuse fountain. Lunch on your own. Depart for Ragusa and visit of the enchanting historical centre “Ibla”, with its Baroque stunning palaces and churches. Enjoy a tasting of typical products of the island in the main square by the Dome. Accommodation, dinner and overnight at Hotel Poggio Del Sole.
DAY 3 – MONDAY: RAGUSA – CALTAGIRONE – PIAZZA ARMERINA – AGRIGENTO
After a buffet breakfast, depart to Caltagirone, a small town in the inland of Sicily, declared by UNESCO World Heritage Site and famous worldwide for the production of pottery and in particular majolica (Italian tin-glazed pottery that dates back to Renaissance and decorated in bright colors) and terra-cotta wares: panoramic visit and opportunity of shopping. Continue to Piazza Armerina to visit the worldwide known Villa Romana del Casale, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to its well preserved mosaics depicting mythological themes and hunting scenes. Lunch in a local restaurant with a special menu chosen to give the opportunity to taste the local specialities. Depart to Agrigento, a hillside town famous for its magnificent Valley of the Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage Site: guided tour of the Valley, including the Temple of Concordia, which is in almost perfectly preserved condition, Juno and Heracles. Accommodation and dinner at hotel Dioscuri Bay Palace. Overnight.
DAY 4 – TUESDAY: AGRIGENTO – PALERMO – MONREALE
After a buffet breakfast depart to Palermo. Accommodation at Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa. Time at leisure. Lunch on your own. In the afternoon visit of Monreale: the Cathedral, one of the most beautiful monuments of the world with its Moorish architecture, housing very fine mosaics representing a complete cycle of the Old and New Testaments and the Benedictine Cloister in Arab-Norman style. Continue the visit of the historical centre of Palermo, one of the largest of Europe, including the Cathedral, the Palace of the Normans and its superb Palatine Chapel. Dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight in your hotel.
DAY 5 – WEDNESDAY: PALERMO – SEGESTA – ERICE – SALT ROUTE (Trapani Area) – PALERMO
After a buffet breakfast, depart to Segesta to admire the magnificent Doric Temple, 420 B.C to 430 B.C, and the Theatre, one of the best-preserved Greek architectural sites, surrounded by a beautiful landscape. Continue to the medieval village of Erice placed on the top of a hill overlooking the city of Trapani and the Egadi Islands: walk through its tiny and characteristic streets, the winding lanes and, inner courtyards. Lunch on your own. Down to Trapani area for a panoramic tour of the salt windmills and basins, which are still in use. Return to Palermo. Dinner and overnight in your Hotel.
DAY 6 – THURSDAY: PALERMO – CEFALÚ – NEBRODI PARK – TAORMINA
After a buffet breakfast, depart to Cefalù a former fishing village, now a charming coastal town. Enjoy a walk to the city center and down main street to reach the Arab-Norman Cathedral and the medieval wash-house built in the rock. Drive through the Park of “Nebrodi” and stop at the Miraglia Forest for lunch with a typical menu. Continue to Cesarò, Randazzo and visit the Etna park from an unusual point of view – the north facing side – surrounded by beautiful landscapes. Arrival in Taormina. Accommodation, dinner and overnight at hotel Villa Diodoro, located near historic centre of Taormina.
DAY 7 – FRIDAY: TAORMINA – MT ETNA (OPTIONAL) – TAORMINA
After a buffet breakfast, morning at leisure or for those who are interested, opportunity to take an optional excursion to the Mount Etna, the highest active Volcano in Europe. Weather conditions permitting, across fascinating landscape, we will reach a height of 1800 metres to visit the Sylvester Craters where you can enjoy a spectacular panorama over the Ionian Sea (supplement on the spot; the excursion will take place with a minimum of participants). Lunch on your own. Afternoon in Taormina, charming city called “the pearl of the Ionian Sea”: enjoy time at leisure for shopping or walking through its tiny streets. Possibility to visit the Greek-Roman Theatre on your own, with its spectacular view of Giardini Naxos and Mount Etna. Return to your hotel: dinner and overnight.
DAY 8 – SATURDAY: TAORMINA
After a buffet breakfast, end of the Tour.
- Exclusively in English
- Very charming hotels located in the historical centers of the main sicilian towns
- Visit of the main sicilian monuments including 5 UNESCO sites: Ragusa, Siracusa, Valley of Temples, Villa Romana del Casale, Caltagirone, Mt. Etna
- Special menus in local restaurants, especially selected to offer you a taste of the sicilian cuisine (mineral water included in all meals)
- Tasting of typical sicilian products in Ragusa Ibla, in one of the most enchanting squares.
- Entrance fees are not included (Please see the supplements list)
- The optional excursion to “Mt. Etna” can be pre-booked on the spot up to 4 days before the excursion (Please see the supplements list)
- For organizational reasons, the itinerary may be reversed or modified without notice. In any case the visits and excursions mentioned on the journey will be ensured.
The package includes
– Accommodation in 4 stars Hotels located in the historical centres of the main Sicilian towns
– Welcome cocktail
– 7 Dinners, 2 Lunches, 7 Breakfasts
– Sicilian typical products tasting (wine, chocolate, biscuits, etc.) in Ragusa Ibla
– Mineral water (1/2 per person) included during meals
– Transportation De Luxe motorcoach or minivan with driver/guide for groups with less than 15 pax
– English speaking tour escort
– Local guides where necessary
– Whispers Kit
– Porterage at hotels
– International flights
– Italian visa, if applicable
– Travel insurance
– Transfers in/out
– Entrance fees at monuments (Optional; See supplements list)
– City Tax: some City Councils may introduce a tourist tax that it has to be paid directly at the Hotel
– Anything which is not clearly specified under “the package includes”